The season of pumpkin spiced lattes and falling leaves is upon us! As seasons change so should our wardrobe staples guys, so with today’s post I’m offering my top favorites to get you through the chilly autumn days without sacrificing style.
Ladies, if you’ve been doing some mad hunting for ways to upgrade your man’s threads this fall let this be your guide too!
Read on and find out why I’m recommending all the lads out there don these sartorial pieces while getting into some autumnal trouble this October and November.
- Todd Snyder + Champion Varsity Jacket – Varsity jackets have never really gone out of style, time and time again they prove a classic silhouette. For the man that is a bit scared to rock a brighter version with a vintage school emblem on the chest, opt for this easy grey one that goes with practically anything.
- River Island White Twill Shirt – A classic white button up? DONE. Dress it up with slacks or dress it down with jeans. Wear it buttoned or sleeves turned up. This one is a mere cheap $40 bucks. Why not get two or three while you’re at it. Especially if you’re like me and easily prone to coffee stains.
- Topman Skinny Fit Navy Blazer – Another outerwear option for fall. Navy is a rich color and you can throw this blazer over a tee or button up. Sneakers or dress shoes? It’s up to you. A blazer adds a quick element of refined style to any outfit.
- River Island Skinny Dark Wash Jeans – As the weather gets cooler we should transition to darker washes for our jeans. Leave your light and distressed behind and opt for the traditional dark blue jean. I love River Island denim because it fits really well and you get bang for your buck!
- Reigning Champ Cotton Jersey Tee – You can never go wrong with wine/ox blood colored clothing for fall. The dark red hue of this tee works well with the varsity jacket or the blazer if you need to go to a dinner party but want a more relaxed vibe.
- Saturdays Surf NYC Striped Tee – Striped anything for fall gives a feeling of collegiate nostalgia considering it’s the season of football and homecoming for many an alma mater! Just a bit preppy this tee is a nice grown up alternative to a graphic tee.
- Vans Checkered Classic Slip On – Until the day I die I will always have a pair of these in my closet. Even when I’m older and have children and they beg me not to wear them. The classic checkered Van is the fun substitute to an all white sneaker. I especially love these as they fade and wear down, the aging tells for a great story. And since they’re so affordable replenishing them when you need to won’t break your wallet. I’ve gone through about five pairs of these and about to replace the ones I have now!
- Bobbies L’Horloger Suede Chelsea Boot – I stumbled upon these fabulous Chelsea boots while on the hunt for a more affordable yet well-made alternative to the Saint Laurent Chelsea boots that I’ve been drooling over season after season. I’ve had these for about a week or so now and I am obsessed. I’ve been getting endless compliments and you will too!
- Paul Smith Star Print Socks – Navy socks with stars. What’s not to love? I hope you’re not still wearing gross ass white athletic socks with every outfit, you’re not in grade school anymore. Don these under any jeans or slacks for a fun accessory moment with any fall outfit.
- Nixon Time Teller Watch – I love me a handsome gold timepiece as is evident from previous posts. This one adds a nice little kick to the mix with the jewel tone green watch face. Guys, there is nothing sexier than being considerate of other people’s time.
- Jack Spade Leather Card Case – I can’t believe I’m saying this but you wouldn’t believe how many times I’ve come to witness a grown man in public with a velcro wallet. Throw that shit away and opt for this leather card case instead with an embossed nautical motif!
- Ted Baker London Messenger Bag – Whatever your thoughts on “manbags” or “murses” may be, I assure you that this bag is neither. Take that everyday load off of your back and start using this plaid messenger. Added bonus? You’ll have easier access to all of your daily essentials!
- Persol Retro Keyhole Sunglasses – Think. Where did you buy your last pair of sunglasses? Was it off of some kiosk at the beach or mall? If you answered yes toss those out immediately and invest in this retro yet modern pair of tortoise keyhole sunnies.
- Carven “Pour Homme” Eau de Toilette – The popular French fashion house Carven decided to relaunch its only scent for men with an updated façade depicting the brand’s newfound modernity. Thank God they did because this scent is perfect for autumn. A mix of woody aromas and spice will make whomever has been catching your eye swoon at the slightest inhale of this cologne.